If you are a low-wage worker in the greater Memphis area, WIN's Workers' Center may be able to partner with you. Have you:
- been unable to get your employer to pay you your final paycheck?
- worked for less than the minimum wage of $7.25 an hour?
- worked more than 40 hours a week but not received overtime pay?
- experienced another form of wage theft?
- been treated differently at work because of your race, nationality, gender, religion, disability, age, or pregnancy?
- worked in unsafe conditions that your employer has refused to fix?
- hurt on the job but haven't been able to get workers' compensation?
- experienced retaliation from your boss for organizing with your co-workers to improve your working conditions?
If you answered yes to one of these questions, please contact WIN's Workers' Center at (901) 332-3570. We'll talk with you about your situation. If it seems that your employer has broken a labor law, we'll invite you to attend WIN's Thursday night worker rights meeting to learn more about how our case process works.
It’s important to know that we will work with you, not for you. You must stay actively involved in your case if you want the Workers' Center to partner with you. We are not attorneys. In some cases we refer you to an attorney if we are not able to partner directly with you on your case.